Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tip:Airfare

The only time I got to ride a plane was everytime I go home (vice versa). The first time was free because I was relocated by the company I was working for and the airline was Philippine Airlines (PAL). I got the chance to ride the same airline again and during that time, I was really not satisfied with the fare I paid for because it was expensive. Believe me you wouldn't want that especially if you're on a tight budget.

These tips I will give out are probably common knowledge already for those who love flying but for the benefit of the first timers and for those who are on a limited budget, I'll give some tips that might be helpful based on my experiences.

1.First things first, keep always in mind that airfare doesnt come cheap. Better put this in mind so as not to get disappointed.

2. Book flights ahead of time. If you know your schedules already, better book flights earlier. The earlier, the cheaper the fare, that's always the situation.

3. Fares don't come cheap especially during peak season (like holidays) because airline companies believe that passengers' will have no choice but to get those flights because of the occassion. Remember that airlines do take advantage of the peak seasons. So this tip will sort of lead you back to tip#2. Book flights ahead of time.

4. Go for promo fares. Here in the Philippines there are some local airlines that always have promo fares say for example Cebu Pacific. Few of my flights are promo fares. You can save 25%-75% of your fare. The trick here is to get updated always by subscribing to these companies like emails or follow them through your social networking sites or check their websites from time to time.

5. Be a light packer. If possible don't bring a lot of stuffs, just the important ones. Excess baggage is quite expensive when you're at the airport already. You might be shocked that you paid more to your excess bagage than your airfare.

6. Check your options. Don't just settle to one airline. You can have a seat reserved within 3 days to a week depending on the airline company without paying them. Once reserved, you could check other airlines if how much are their airfares and from there, you compare the prices.

7. Comfort and safety. Of course, no matter how cheap the price is, if you're safety and comfort is at risk, it would be useless. These are what matters. I suggest that you check out comments and forums regarding each airline of your choice so that you'll know a little of what to expect when you ride their planes.

Happy flying!

0 comments:

You might want to read more about...

PhotoWalk of My Misadventures

www.flickr.com
Xymyr23's items Go to Xymyr23's photostream