Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tacloban City

Finally! If it wasnt for our Waray friend, Mytha, I wouldn't be able to reach Tacloban. I just love the peaceful ambience. I wish I could go back there and revisit San Juanico Bridge and McArthur Park for I wasnt able to see the charm of those man-made beauties during daytime. I'll show you some famous landmarks and for sure you will fall in love with Tacloban City.




This is the Santo Nino Shrine by the late President Ferdinand Marcos. Inside you can see priceless collector's items like paintings, furnitures, etc. You will be asked to remove your footwear and wear one of their slippers once inside. The downside? You won't have enough time to appreciate the beauty of the items because the tour guide will tell you to hurry up for they are saving electricity.





If you want to get inside, here are the details.






This place is in the city's vicinity. From here, you can see the vast ocean of Tacloban.


I love this place. I think this is their court, not sure though. My friend Mytha mentioned what it was called but I forgot. I'm terrible! Ugh!



San Juanico Bridge. The longest bridge in the Philippines stretching from Samar to Leyte crossing the San Juanico Strait. When a friend and I went there, it was already night time. We were told that vehicles are not allowed to stop there so we had to sneak and hurry to have this picture taken.



Mc Arthur Park. This monument is dedicated to General Mc Arthur and his troops. Located in Palo, Leyte which is a few minutes drive from Tacloban City.


Transportations in Tacloban City proper are tricycle, jeeps and fare is Php7. From Cebu, you can ride a fastcraft going to Ormoc City and then ride a bus for Tacloban. The fare for the fastcraft is Php 1000+ and the ride for the bus is free, part of the promotional package of the fascraft line.  You can also opt out to fly on a plane. 

More photos:

watch out for my Ormoc City Trip!

0 comments:

You might want to read more about...

PhotoWalk of My Misadventures

www.flickr.com
Xymyr23's items Go to Xymyr23's photostream